Ethicart! A complete solution to practice ethical purchasing!
We chose to work with Impero, as they really understood our vision as a social enterprise from the very beginning. We know they always go the extra mile, and we really do have a lot of trust in them. Raza and the team really met our expectations. They always offer a professional & personal service. They have made the whole experience of app development very approachable.
Lara Páirceir & Laura Brennan
What is Ethicart?
Ethicart is a user-friendly app to lead consumers towards a more eco-friendly way of buying products. The easy-to-use ‘Scan & Know’ feature helps users shop food products that are sustainable and on par with ethical standards.
Ethicart enables you to become conscious consumers by shopping products that align with your values. On top of that, Ethicart suggests sustainable alternatives to ease you in switching over to more sustainable products.
Besides, Ethicart is also a great guide to students of Trinity College, Dublin, to live a lifestyle that is high in sustainability.
The motivation behind launching Ethicart!
Lara Páirceir & Laura Brennan (co-founders) observed that people want to buy products with sustainability quotients. But the lack of transparent information disconnects them from buying what they want and what they actually buy.
Passionate about the environment and reducing adverse effects, Lara & Laura set out on their journey with Ethicart. They wanted an easy & convenient solution which could save people’s time & provide information quickly. With Ethicart, ‘Scan & Shop’ feature, it becomes easy for customers to become conscious consumers.
We at Impero are very proud to be associated with Ethicart that empowers users to incorporate sustainability in everyday life. Clients Lara & Laura shared their vision, and we developed a total turnkey native app solution for the iOS & Android platform.
- Fully functional mobile app.
- Easy to use dashboard
- Search or Scan to get information of a product
- Discover more sustainable alternatives
- Breakdown of products based on sustainability criteria.
- User friendly UI
- Locate sustainable products on the campus (Trinity College of Dublin)
Achievements & recognitions
- Featured in ‘The Irish Times’.
- Featured on ‘Responsible Innovation Summit’.
- Received a lot of positive feedback about the app's interface & user experience (UX).
- Recognised as Ireland Rising Business Star at the International Web Summit 2020.
- 5-star ratings on both App Store & Google Playstore.
- Partnered with UPS at Trinity college to educate and raise awareness for sustainable solutions.
An interactive multi-lingual tour guide app for tourists who are visiting Ireland!
We worked with Impero to develop a multilingual app for our day tour company Irish Day Tours. The project included loads of information in the form of text and audio of all our tours in five languages. We are very impressed with the communication and support at every stage.